Friday, May 9, 2014

Don't Beat Yourself Up Over Your Past!

Some days, I need to take my own advice! I have days where I do beat myself up over the past. I feel like a failure sometimes and like I have let down many people, but especially my children. I saw this picture on a friend's Facebook page and thought about how true it is.
As with any situation, you can be the cause of it, or you could have had it done to you. Either way, the past is the past and needs to be let go. Someone close to me reminded me of that the other night. We can not change our past.

Our past does not determine our future. If you count your past mistakes and sit around reminding yourself of things, you will ruin your future. But your future does not have to be ruined just because you have a past.

Jeremiah 29: 11 says that God has a plan for our lives. It is not a plan to harm us, but to prosper us. God never wants us to hurt. He does not rejoice in our pain. 

We never know what the future holds. I can tell you one thing, God is good. He loves us so much and He wants us to have a good life. Do not let your past determine your future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment