Monday, March 3, 2014

Trusting during difficult situations.

I have had many difficult situations in my life. The ones that hurt me the most are when my children are involved. I am the typical mom who wants everything to be just right for my children. I do not want them to hurt, or struggle with or for anything. 

What I need to remember is that God has a plan for their lives. (Jeremiah 29:11) Sometimes things happen that were not in His plans. I do believe that God is all knowing and all powerful. However, I just do not believe that it is His will for families to be torn apart, people to be killed by drunk drivers, for people to kill themselves, for children to die, etc. I could sit here and list things all day, but I think you get my point. 

How do you trust Him when things look bleak and hopeless?

I will tell you what I do.

I try to have faith like a child. I remember that my value comes from Him. I know that no matter what difficult thing happens, He is always with me. He loves me more than any human being on this planet ever could. Then, I ask for help. I know that might make me look weak, but I am strong enough to realize when something is out of my realm of understanding. 

Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 says this, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I do not understand why bad things happen to good people.

I do not understand why good things happen to bad people.

I do know this: if I trust God, with all of my heart, and stop trying to figure it all out, He will be there for me and help me through.


I hope that whatever you are going through, you know this one thing. You ARE loved, and cared about. God IS there. He has people in your life for a reason. Reach out, ask for help. You will be glad you trusted Him and not yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment