Sunday, February 2, 2014

Who died and made you judge?

This might be long this morning, I am somewhat upset. I have an awesome 17 year old little cousin who sings, plays guitar, writes his own songs, and wouldn't mind making it in the music business. He sang at a local place a few weeks ago, and I wasn't able to go. Last night, I planned on it and went.

The "venue" is called Coaches Sports Bar & Grill. It is NOT just a drinking bar. Smoking is not allowed inside. They actually serve food. About 20 of my cousin's friends were there supporting him too. ALL of who are under the age of 21.

While I am there, I checked in on Facebook. "Supporting my little cousin", I wrote. Only to get a message from someone I used to attend church with. She let me know that she was deleting me from her friends' list because of where I was. 

OK! REALLY?

Who died and made you judge?


I guess I better not go to Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Logan's, Longhorn, Chili's, or Outback anymore either! They all have bars inside their restaurants too. 

The irony here is, I do not go out drinking. Honestly, I've never been to a real bar. But my goodness, I'm 40 years old and if I did, isn't that my business?

I could see if I was going out to these places every weekend. I could see if someone saw me with 6 beers or 4 mixed drinks on my table. Call me out then. Not because I checked in somewhere. 

If you are living your life to point your finger at others, you have the wrong goal! 

Matthew 7: 7 says, "“Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged."

I tell you one thing. I don't need friends like that anyway! I love my family, and if I am able to support their dreams, I'm going to! That's what family does! God is my judge. He knows my heart, not just where I am and what I'm doing. If He doesn't like it, He will let me know. 

Telling people what they are doing wrong is not love. You will NOT win anyone to the Lord that way. Love people where they are. Do not judge. Do not assume. (You know what assuming does anyway, right?)

Think before you judge someone, please.




1 comment:

  1. When you hate your own life its easy to find something wrong with someone else's. Prayer is what is needed for that person.

    ReplyDelete