Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What's Your Super Power? This is one of mine!

We all have that ONE thing we "power" that we wish we didn't. I saw this on a friend's Facebook page today and thought it was too cute. I've been "Anxiety Girl". Have you? 

Letting my mind wonder has proven to be dangerous for me! I think too far ahead. I freak out and worry that the outcome will be the worst possible thing.

Paul wrote to the church if Philipi and told them in Chapter 4: 6 of the book of Philippians "Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done."

Someone close to me has said, "Worry is like sitting in a rocking chair, all you do is go back and forth and you never get anywhere." 


Can you relate?

Jesus talked about worry. In Matthew 6: 25-34 He talked about not worrying about your clothing, your food, what you drink, etc. The BIG question from Jesus is this one, verse 27: "27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"


Think about that a minute.

You sitting in that rocking chair, worrying, moving but not going anywhere. Are you adding to your life? Or taking away from it?

I say taking away.

Worrying about the "What If's" of life ROB YOU of a lot!

Decide today to let go of worry and anxiety. Remember, Paul says to pray about everything. Try that today. See how that turns out. Not only will you not be worrying, but you will be talking to God more. And, that's a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment