Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Another Character Flaw of Mine

I decided that I needed to make another confession. I'm not really sure why. I guess part of me wants to get it off my chest. While, at the same time, show the truth of who I really am. There have been a lot of views on the "Who Died and Made You Judge" post. I did not write that to be "holier than thou" by any means.

I believe it is healthy to see your flaws and make changes. We grow that way. You shouldn't be the same person you were three years ago! I said something to my church worship leader, Connie, the other day about how I used to be. I freaked out over something when I first attended church and emailed her about it. Sunday, I basically said I was sorry and how I've changed. She said, "
  • "We should all be changing and growing.. If any of us are the same people we were 3 yrs ago we are in trouble!"

I have to agree with her!

So, here we go. I'm a name dropper.

Yes, I said it. I have a bad habit of trying to impress people because of people I have met or know.

"WHY?", you ask. I am not really sure.

Maybe deep down I think people will like me more. Maybe I think if they are impressed with who I know or who I've met, they will like me better.

It sounds good for a minute, but typed out or said out loud, it really is ridiculous!

This is something I need to work on.
Is this something you struggle with too?


No comments:

Post a Comment