Saturday, February 15, 2014

What is your talent?

I believe that we are all born with natural gifts and talents. Growing up, my Mom owned and still owns her own sign business. Way back then, she hand painted everything. She can draw anything she sees. Now, it's all computer graphic and vinyl letters, but she still has talent. Without it, she wouldn't still be in business after over 20 years. We have a hometown celebrity, Phillip Phillips who won American Idol. My mom made this sign of him when he came home for his concert as one of the final three on the show. This is Phillip signing it for them.

I used to draw too. In middle school and high school I had pictures picked for display in town, and one that went to state competition. After high school, I was more interested in writing, so I let the drawing go some.
 This is my high school picture that won awards.

My 11 year old daughter has received this gift of drawing. She is way better than I was at her age. I am praying that she will use this gift she has for her career. She could be like my mom, working at something she loves, because then, it doesn't feel like work at all.

Here are a few of my daughter's drawings.
Not everyone can draw. Not even everyone can write well. But guess what?

You ARE good at something!

God gives us special talents and gifts that are unique to us.

Figure out what your's are. Then use them.

If you know someone that has a great talent but doesn't use it, encourage them. Maybe no one has ever told them that they do a great job at that particular thing. Maybe they don't even realize their ability.

Some times a little encouragement goes a long way. 

Use your talent! I bet you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment