Saturday, January 4, 2014

Treat people the way you want to be treated!

I was going to write about something else today, but then something happened on Facebook to change my mind.

Of course, I am a Christian. So, I believe in the Bible and what is written in it.

But I think sometimes, we Christians forget the MOST important thing!

Jesus quoted Old Testament Scriptures when He was asked what the most important commandment is:

Matthew 22:37-40 says this, "37 Jesus replied, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind.’ (Deuteronomy 6:5) 38 This is the first and most important commandment. 39 And the second is like it. ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ (Leviticus 19:18) 40 Everything that is written in the Law and the Prophets is based on these two commandments.”

I do not believe that you can "win anyone to the Lord" with hate. Period. Not gonna happen.

I do not believe that you can have influence over someone you do not know. Period. 

I also do not believe that it's our job to judge and mistreat people based on anything.

For example, the color of one's skin, the person someone chooses to date or marry, the style or coloring of clothing someone wears, if a person has tattoos and piercings, so on and so forth. (I could list stuff for hours!)

What is on the outside of a person DOES NOT define that person! 

We might not understand it all. We might not agree with it or like it. But God says to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR! That includes the homosexual, the all black wearing teenager, the adult covered in tattoos, and the woman with mixed children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment