Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Are you "Crazy Generous"?


There are 2,106 Scriptures in the Bible about righteousness and generosity. The Hebrew word that is used in place of those two is "terumah". 

We should be developing a generous spirit within ourselves. When we needed something, God did it for us, so we need to do for someone who can't pay us back.

Psalm 37: 25 & 26 says this, "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
26 
They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing."

Paul wrote this section in 2 Corinthians 9: 6-8 about being generous:
"Generosity Encouraged:
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."
(You can look up 9-11, it's good too.)

I am at a place in life that I can not be very generous with my money. Being on a fixed income prevents me from helping others locally. However, I do have a child I sponsor through Compassion International. He lives in India. $38 a month is not much to provide food, water, and him hearing about God's love for him.

How generous are you?
 Do you live in a way that others can see God through you?


No comments:

Post a Comment