Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year, A New You



Every new year people make resolutions. Most of these resolutions are about bettering ourselves: some vow to go to the gym more, others to eat foods that are higher in nutrition, maybe you want to attend church more often, or read your Bible everyday...

Whatever you are resolving to do better at, why not do this first....

Figure out who you already are.

The other day, one of my Zumba instructors said something life changing to me. He said, "Your body might have fat, but you are not fat."

Think about that for a minute.

Who I am, is my personality. My soul. The inner Jill.

My earthly body that houses Jill, is just a shell. 

God says I am fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)

God says I am His masterpiece created for good works. (Ephesians 2:10)

This new year, why don't you find out your true value before you start trying to figure out how to better yourself?

Be thankful for who you are. God made you the way you are for a reason. You have the DNA of your parents, you were given talents & skills, and there is a plan in place just for you. (Jeremiah 29:11)

Let's take this year and do something different with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment