Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Today is my birthday!

Today is my birthday.

Not just "any" birthday.

It is my 40th birthday!

That is a long time to be alive! A milestone!

It has caused me to sit and reflect on my life this week.

I am blessed beyond measure.

My life is not perfect. I do not have everything I want, but I have everything I need. God is good to me. Always.

I woke up to a new day. I am healthy. My children are healthy. I have great family and friends who love me. (One of those special people made this video for me.)

As weird as this sounds, I do not care about getting older. (I actually think I look pretty young for my age, so I'm not upset at all about that.) With age comes wisdom, right? Being wise is a good thing.

I am thankful for another year on this earth. I celebrate God's gift of each day. 

For your next birthday, do not get down. Be thankful! God still has you here for a reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment