Friday, November 15, 2013

Last minute God

As I mentioned the other day, I have 4 best friends. Two of them live here in my town and I see them regularly. The other two live out of town. 

One of my best friends here in town has had the worst few years of her life. I won't go into details, that's her story to tell. But, I did want to share something she said the other day and a small portion of what she has dealt with. (With her permission, of course.)


She has had to learn to depend on God. She is a single mom with two girls. She works a full time job, 40 hours a week, and handles everything on her own. Her budget is tight, so if something unexpected comes up, it totally throws everything off.

Over these years, God has pulled through for her many many times. However, sometimes, it feels last minute to us. We will be thinking negative and trying to regroup, and then suddenly, God steps in and things work out. 

She emailed this to me yesterday: "I have to say sometimes I am just worn out when it comes this close and desperation sets in but sitting here right now I have to wonder, how do people who do not trust in God do in times like this…. I do not understand.  I would be on the street, hungry, homeless and alone."

The last minute relief is awesome, but what do you do when you are at the end of your rope and desperation has set in?

DIG DEEP!

1. Pray and know that God hears you.

2. Turn to friends. Ask them for prayer. Let them know what's really going on. People won't know unless you tell them.

3. Go to your church for help. We wouldn't even have all of these government programs if the church was doing what was intended of them to do. 

4. Search the Scriptures and stand on God's promises. 
Here are a few:

Philippians 4:19 says, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 111:5 says, "He provides food for those who fear Him; He remembers His covenant forever."

2 Corinthians 9:10 says, "10 Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness."

Remember how Jesus fed thousands of people with just a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish? And how God provided manna for Israel as they roamed the wilderness for 40 years? He takes care of His children.

Please know this, no matter what you are going through, God knows what's going on and He cares. He will come through for you too. Just like He did for my best friend. He is still in the miracle business.






No comments:

Post a Comment