Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Chef don't judge!"


The new ads for Chef Boyardee show kids dancing in the kitchen waiting for their food to warm up. The tag line is "Chef don't judge." I think it's cute, but so true about life.

I have recently been accused of judging others by a couple of different people. These people are hurt and that's their first defense. I have made it my life's goal NOT to judge anyone!

A church that I was employed with for 3 years really helped me with that. We were a church for the un-churched and the de-churched. (People who have never attended, and people who were hurt at a church and left.) That is so engraved on my heart now. So, I do not judge anyone.

Scripture says in Luke 6:37 “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;"

Romans 2: 1-3 "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?"

Jesus came to save the world. John 3:16 & 17 say this, 

"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

SO, if Jesus came to save the world, and not condemn, then who am I to judge or condemn someone?

I'm not perfect. I sin every day. But, I have morals and values though. One of which is I do not like lie or be lied to. Sometimes, even when you don't say something, it can be considered a lie. 

We ALL have a past.

I forgive pasts.

I forgive lies.

That doesn't mean I have to keep you in my life if you aren't who God wants in my life. I live for Him and listen to Him. I do what God tells me do. If you have a problem with that, Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment