Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Life, Death, & the little things

The last couple of days, I've been driving with my windows down. It feels good to have the wind in my hair and the music loud!

Today, I had to go into my small town to the post office. I live in a small farming community. There are plenty of fields and wooden areas.

The green fields I saw reminded me of how God made the earth:

Genesis 1:11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

THEN, the stench of a dead animal filled my car and nose. Yuck!

It reminded me that we are all going to die at some point in this life. But, by knowing the Lord, and having Him in your life as your Savior, we don't have to worry about death.

1 Corinthians 15:54 "When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” (Amen and thanks for the God for that!)

My next two smells today were the water from an irrigation system, and a neighbor cutting grass. I guess you can say I'm a sensory person. I like sounds, sights and smells. LOL, the 3 S's.

Why don't you take time today or tomorrow to enjoy some of life's little pleasures? Look around and think about what God has done.




No comments:

Post a Comment