Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Who do you follow?

My dog Toby (named for Toby Mac, the Christian music artist), follows me around EVERYWHERE. I mean, he literally goes room from room with me. Even when I'm in my bedroom painting canvas' and get up to rise the paint brush out in the bathroom sink, he sits up to make sure I'm not leaving the room.

I'm not sure why he's so attached to me. He was a stray that a friend of mine found wondering the streets. I've only had him since last November. I feed him, walk him, and love on him, so I guess I'm his master and he is loyal to me.

That got me to thinking about God. (Are you surprised?)

God loves us unconditionally. A lot of people don't believe that, or have a hard time believing it... but here is some proof:

1 John 4:8 says, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

If God is love then:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7: " Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

God is all of this and more. Why is it hard to believe He loves you more than any human being on this planet?

This is the truth. He really does love you that much. So, why don't you follow Him? All day? Every day? In every way?

He has your best interests at heart. He has a plan for your life. Follow Him and see where He wants you to go! What have you got to lose?



No comments:

Post a Comment