Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finding God in every day life

I live in the south of the USA. It stays hot here and we have these bugs called "gnats". It's pronounced "NATS", I'm not sure why the G is silent.

One day I was out cutting the grass, and the gnats were horrible. They just bother and frustrate you to no end. Thankfully, they don't bite.

As I cut the grass, these gnats would buzz by my ears, fly around my nose, get close to my mouth, and get right in my viewing area. They are really small, probably about the size of the end of a ball point pin, but man are they annoying.

I starting thinking about why God would invent such a weird animal that seems to not really have a job or be part of the cycle of life.

Then I had a revelation! Maybe God had created these gnats for a reminder to be thankful for a few things in our lives.

I can see.
I can hear.
I can taste & speak.
I can smell.
I'm ALIVE!

Just ordinary things we do every day that sometimes we take for granted.

What an awesome reminder from a loving God!

Why don't you look around today and find Him in something ordinary? You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment