Thursday, May 9, 2013

The children need us!

My heart is heavy over several different things right now. Children are somehow involved in all of it. They need prayer and blessings from people.

The news this week, of 3 girls who have been held captive by men for the last 10 years just floors me! These were GIRLS when they were kidnapped. They were most likely used as sex slaves for these 2 brothers who are old enough to be their fathers.

A friend of mine's husband just passed away yesterday, leaving his children behind. The youngest is 6 or 7.

My own children and children of a close friend of mine are dealing with their dad not being in the home. The situations are different, but still, dad isn't there like he was and their lives have changed forever.

I believe as adults, it's our responsiblity to pray for the children of the world. Even if they aren't our own.

Psalm 127: 3 says "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him."

No matter how a child is conceived, I believe this Scripture. They are a gift and a reward.

If we want our children to be blessed, we should walk with God.

Proverbs 20:7 says, "The godly walk with integrity; blessed are their children who follow them."

I pray this is the case, even if only one parent is Godly.

Jesus loved children and wanted to bless them. He even said we should be child-like towards the Kingdom of God. I take that to be having a child like faith, and just believing what He says.

In Matthew 19: 13 & 14 this happened: "13One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”


I have 3 beautiful children here on earth whom I love dearly, and 3 or 4 more in heaven waiting for me. They are a blessing and I'm thankful God rewarded me with them.

Do you feel that way about your children? If you don't have children, will you pray for your friends' children? Please?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment