Tuesday, April 23, 2013

When life doesn't seem fair

I'm being divorcing by a husband who I love. I didn't want this. Has our marriage been picture perfect? NO! But we made a commitment to each other 19 years ago, and that's not something I take lightly. So, for me, it just doesn't seem fair that I'm a Godly woman who loves the Lord, I love my husband, take for & educate our three children...and what do I get? Divorced.

Well, I could sit and stew in that for a long time, get angry at God... be angry at my soon to be ex husband, just hate life in general. But I REFUSE to let it over take me. Has an injustice been done to me? Yes, but is God still good? YES!!

My post on facebook today was this: "While we may not understand God's ways, we know that He is all-wise, all-knowing, & just. He watches over us & will make everything right in its time. The key is for us to remain faithful to Him until then." ~ New Women's Devotional Bible

That's something to wrap your brain around. Do I think God caused my husband to leave? Absolutely not! God wants families together. However, God didn't stop it. Maybe He has a better plan for my life.

Scripture says, in Jeremiah 29:11, "11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

God has a plan for all of our lives. He doesn't want to harm us. It's not His will to hurt us.

God also promises in Romans 8 this: "28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I love God! So, I know that He will turn things around for my good! I can trust Him. He doesn't lie, He doesn't make mistakes, and He is always here pulling me through. Whatever you are walking through... are you letting Him be there for you? You should.

No comments:

Post a Comment