Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Is God really there during the hard times?

In my devotional today from my New Women's Devotional Bible, it said this:

"Are you in the middle of a seemingly impossible assignment? Are you wondering if God really knows how much you can take? God knows your limits; He realizes that He calls the flawed poeple to enormous tasks. Yet His promise is forever the same: "I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:20)."

This is very comforting to me, because I have been going through what seems like an impossible assignment, but I still know God is there.

The cool thing about God is that He does not lie, and He keeps His promises. So, if you can count on whatever He says in the Bible.

In Deuteronomy 31 it says this: "6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

In this particular incident, Moses was about to tell the people of Israel that he wasn't going with them to the promised land, and I guess he was scared they'd kill him. So, God told him to not be afraid and that He would never leave him. But, that promise is true for us as well.

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

6 So we say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?”
 
 
Paul wrote the book for Hebrews. I'm not sure why he attached this living free from the love of money part..but he says again that God will never leave or forsake you.

Some people complain about the Old Testament God and how there were wars and killings, etc. But when Jesus came in the New Testament, He was God in the flesh, and that's how we need view God. See Him through the things Jesus said and did. It helps paint the picture of what a loving, merciful, righteous and just God He really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment