Monday, January 28, 2013

My Addiction

Hello, I'm Jill Barlow and I'm addicted to Mountain Dew.

I used to hate it. But a few years ago, we switched to diet drinks thinking they would be better for us, since there isn't any "sugar" in them. Little did we know that the aspartame is worse than regular sugar! Did you know that aspartame can poison your body?

Well, since I found that out, I started drinking the regular Mountain Dew. I love how to tastes. It's not about the carbonation or anything like that. I just like the taste of it.

So, now, I'm at the point where my triglycerides are dangerously high. And as I'm researching, I see that the High Fructose Corn Syrup in the Mountain Dew can cause this. DARN IT!

There goes a reason to quit. I have started drinking coffee. At least it's kinda natural, right?

At this moment, I've switched to caffeine free Mountain Dew and taking baby steps to stop all together. I know it will be better for my health. It's just so hard to stop doing something you enjoy. Have you ever had anything like this happen to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment