Thursday, March 8, 2018

How To Silence The Voices

But in that coming day
    no weapon turned against you will succeed.
You will silence every voice
    raised up to accuse you.
These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;
    their vindication will come from me.
    I, the Lord, have spoken!” Isaiah 54:17 NLT


We are known for quoting only part of this Scripture. It’s become a saying in the Christian world. “No weapon formed against me will prosper.”
That is true, but check out the next line.
“You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you.”
At the risk of sounding crazy, I will admit to those other voices taunting me.
“You are too fat. You are too ugly. You are not smart enough. No one will ever love you. You are not disciplined enough.” The statements go on and on. It makes me feel like I’m too much of this, and not enough of that. It’s time for it to stop!
I can silence those voices by telling them who I am in Christ and letting GOD be my vindicator.
You can too!
Being a Christian does not mean you have to live this poverty, beat down, feeling bad about yourself life.
Heck, Jesus even said He came to give us life to the FULL!
Let me show you that one verse in different versions: John 10:10
NLT, “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”
KJV, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”
AMP, “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows].”
NIV, “10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
Satisfying life, have life more abundantly, in abundance, to the full…. it’s all GOOD.
And JESUS Himself said this, that was His purpose in coming. He’s the opposite of the enemy.
The enemy is the one who tells us those lies about ourselves. He and sometimes our own thoughts, cause us to think the wrong things.
Who are you in Christ? You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are God’s masterpiece created for GOOD works. And that’s just a small example of who you are.
Replace those voices, silence them with who GOD says you are! Renew your mind, because you are what you listen to! Quote Scripture out loud.
Let’s say you have a thought of, “You are ugly.” Out loud say, “Nope. God says I”m His masterpiece.” That’s how you will silence those voices and renew your mind with the truth.  Romans 12:1-2 is where God tells us to renew our mind and don’t conform to the world.
The world says you have to be skin and bones thin to be accepted. God doesn’t!
This song just came to mind, Hello My Name Is, check it out if you need a reminder of who God says you are.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment