Friday, June 9, 2017

The Holy Spirit Within

"If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive Him, because it isn't looking for Him and doesn't recognize Him. But you know Him, because He lives with you now and later will be in you." Jesus in John 14:15-17 NLT

When you ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior, He sends the Holy Spirit to live in you. The Holy Spirit is called the Advocate here by Jesus. He is also called The Comforter, and several other names.
I want to share what my Bible study book says to help you really grasp this:
"There is not need for any believer ever to feel comfortless, bereaved, or forlorn. Christ's purpose in sending the Holy Spirit was so that the Holy Spirit, a Divine Personality, might come to LIVE in us and be in us.
The New Testament gives us three relations that God sustains toward man. First, God is FOR us. Second, God is WITH us. And third, God is IN us"
1 Corinthians 3:16 says, "Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives IN you?"
1 Corinthians 6:19 & 20 says, "Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives IN you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body."
Another part of my Bible study book says, "He lives and dwells in us through the power of the Holy Spirit. Some Christians constantly talk about their LACK of power, and their LACK of ability. But if they realized that God is IN them, they would know that there is nothing impossible for them."
1 John 4:4 says, "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives IN you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."
The Holy Spirit is in you to guide you, to be your Helper, Comforter, Counselor, Intercessor, Advocate, and Strengthener. He will do all of this if you yield to Him. If you LET Him.
Then, you must learn to listen to Him.
This statement from my Bible study book really rang true for me: "The trouble with many folks is that instead of looking to the Holy Ghost within them to guide and lead them, they are looking on the outside for their answer. They are running around looking for another person to give them the answer they need."
OUCH! Isn't that true though? I know I've done it. I have talked to people and asked their advice before I ever prayed about it. 
Let me share this with you as well.. maybe you are thinking, "But how do I know if the Holy Spirit is leading me, or says something to me." The answer is.. He will NEVER tell you anything that goes against God's Word. NEVER.
I hope this helps someone today. I really have enjoyed what I've been learning and just want to share it.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment