Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Mystery of God

This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 3:2-6
There are certain mysteries of God that just can't be explained. What Paul is describing here in Ephesians is one that can. God's plan was for the Gentiles, aka you and me, to be His children too. His plan was for the WORLD, not just the Israelite people.
Can I ask you a question though? Why are people afraid of the mysteries of God? What is it about Him that scares them? 
I realize we can't physically SEE Him. Maybe that's the biggest issue of all.
But let me tell you this... if we could fully explain Him, what kind of God would He be?
He does things that are weird sometimes, which makes me feel great because I embrace my weirdness! LOL I will tell you in a heartbeat how weird I am, so that makes me feel better to know that God does weird things too.
The biggest mystery of all in Christianity to me is the Holy Spirit. How is it that He can live inside of me? I can't explain it. And I think that's the point.
Have you ever been in a church service, or listening to worship music alone, and you just started to cry or laugh, or clap, or feel lighter? That was God encountering you. It is something He longs to do regularly in your life.
When you feel God, do not rationalize it away. Don't allow the enemy to steal that moment from you. In his book, Prophetic Evangelism, Sean Smith says, "You know some people always use a rationalistic bias whenever they see the move of the Spirit. They don't realize that they're rationalizing away what God wants to release in their lives."
The move of the Holy Spirit is a mystery! 
I am constantly on the look out for God and what He's doing. Yesterday afternoon, on my way home from work, I was noticing the clouds. There were white ones higher up and some darker ones closer to the ground. Then I saw it! A heart shaped cloud!

I love clouds. I know I'm weird, SEE I embrace it! LOL Some people find God in other forms of nature, for me, it's the sky. So, I look up and see that cloud, and in my Spirit, I just know that God was saying, "I love you Jill. This heart shaped cloud is for you." 
That is mysterious! What other "god" would do that for someone?
You know what THE ONE TRUE KING did that for me? Because He knew I needed it.
Parts of God are not a mystery, like His unfailing love for us. His plan of redemption that was to send His Son to die on the cross for our sins, so He did it. 
I have another question for you... my Spiritual dad, if you will, Mr. Ernest, he always says, "Do you know that you know that you know who lives inside of you?" 
God is mysterious at times, and He does mysterious things, but He is real and His love for you is real. If you don't know Him this way, would you like to? All you have to do is ask him.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment