Sunday, January 1, 2017

Scripture Challenge

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I'm going to start of this new year issuing you a challenge! How's that sound?
I found this lady's website, which I have mentioned here before, Sweet Blessings.
Here is the link: http://www.swtblessings.com/  I do not know her, but I think it's totally cool that she creates these monthly Scripture writing plans, and gives them away!
I am going to use what she's doing to issue you all a challenge. I plan on writing a Scripture a day ALL year long. 
I like writing. As much as I enjoy typing, because it's quicker and easier to read, I am still an old school pen and paper kind of person.
I want you to get a notebook, (preferably a one subject one, to begin with) and join me in this Scripture writing challenge.
My reasons for this are:
  1. It will help us learn Scripture.
  2. We will more than likely see a Scripture we've never seen before.
  3. God can use those Scriptures when we need them most.
  4. It keeps us in His Word daily.
You can go directly to her site and print off the writings for each month. I will do my best to post them here too before the end of the month. 
Please pray about this, and let me know if you are joining me this year. Let's make 2017 the year we draw closer to God. Because, remember, when we do, He draws closer to us too.
I'm excited to see what God has in store for this year! I am praying for the gifts He's given us all and that we will use them to honor and glorify Him. Also, I am praying for revival to start in our hearts! 
As we grow closer to God, it will show. People will realize we are different, and when they do, maybe they will either decide to be a Christ follower too, or if they already are, they will want to grow closer to Him.
Who's with me?? Please contact me and let me know. I'm going to write your name in my prayer journal and pray for you as we do this together.
God bless you today and always!
P.S. If you can't print out the monthly plans, you can always keep it as a picture on your phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment