Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Praying For Albany

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10: 24-25


Monday night, January 2nd, 2017, high winds and tornadoes ripped through my hometown and the surrounding areas.
This was a HUGE storm that had already traveled through Mississippi and Alabama, while the bottom part was hammering down on Florida. 
My work church was not just going to sit by and not help. We went out and gave away box lunches and water. Then, they had a free supper for people to come eat. 
I saw people of all races, religious denominations, and ages helping each other. The sound of chain saws filled the air. Besides that, it was quiet. Everyone in shock, and looking at trees just pushed over with their roots sticking up out of the ground. Cars and roofs of homes crushed under the weight of these giant pine trees.
I want to share what some of my friends are seeing...
Chad Pate said this on his Facebook page: 
"Coming home tonight from Phoebe, I got detoured all the way to Krispy Kreme and noticed everyone helping everyone no matter what color they were...it was good to see that...I am fortunate my house did not get damaged but I have to worry about the creek.....IT WAS ROUGH LAST NIGHT...THIS BOY WAS SCARED WHILE I WAS HEARING THE ROARING SOUND WHILE I WAS SEEKING SHELTER IN MY TUB..."

A page I follow on Facebook called The Good Life City (because that's our motto) posted this:
"Watching this community come together during this tragic time is more beautiful than anything this city had to offer us. The trees may have been taken out, but the SEEDS being planted by this community is what will be remembered for generations to come."

Please pray for this area, as we clean up. Pray for unity and love to continue to grow. Ask God to help His children trust Him, love Him, and pray that this will bring revival in the hearts of many!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment