Saturday, January 14, 2017

God's Persistent Love

"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love." Hosea 11:4
Day 10 in Beth Moore's book Whispers of Hope, 10 weeks of devotional prayer had a few things jump out at me.
The big one was "You cannot explain or comprehend God's persistent love."
Some of my friends and I made a new friend last weekend while setting up Stephen Young's ministry distribution center. We invited her to church.
She said, "I haven't stepped foot in a church since my Grand mamma died. I was so angry at God. I yelled, screamed and cursed at Him. Then, my house got messed up, my tire blew out, and other stuff. He was getting me back for what I said."
The four of us talking to her said, "No. God doesn't work that way." Stephen stood in front of her, with his arms open wide for a hug, and he said, "God has been standing there like this, waiting on you to come back."
God loves us and He pursues us, even when we don't realize it. 
Here is another part from the book:
"Our obedience on this earth directly influences blessing and reward, but it has nothing to do with His love. He cannot look at you apart from His love. He cannot hear your pleas for mercy with anything but a Father's ear. He is incapable of being unbiased toward you. He cannot momentarily resign His position as your Father to make an impartial decision. He's committed to you, not matter what."
HELLO! No. Matter. What.
God loves you. He wants to be in a relationship with you, so He will be persistent in His love.
How does God do this?
Many different ways. He likes to draw us close to Him through love though. And, of course, He uses people sometimes.
Your Heavenly Father loves you so much that He sent His one and only Son to take the place of you. Our sins kept us from Him. But Jesus death, burial and resurrection brought us back into a relationship with God. A personal relationship.
God doesn't speak to me like He speaks to you. It's personal. So, it's kind of hard for me to give you examples of how He might be trying to show you His love.
How about this... I will pray: Father God, I ask right now that you will reveal yourself to anyone who doesn't realize it's you. Let them know that what's going on in their lives is from you as a way to bring you to them. Nothing bad. I know you are not causing anything bad to happen to their lives. You are causing the good. Open their eyes to see that. Let them recognize you in all of the love and all of the good. Then, let them either come back to you or come into a relationship with you for the first time ever. Thank you for what you are doing. Thank you for loving us all. In Jesus name, amen.
It's my prayer that you will hear, see, and understand God's love and how He wants to be in a relationship with you. I know one thing. I'm so blessed He's my Father!
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment