Thursday, December 15, 2016

Where Is Your Treasure?

19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
22 “Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light." Matthew 6:19-22
This Scripture is Jesus talking. He is telling us that our treasures should not be here on earth.
I found an A.W. Tozer quote I had written on an index card, it says, "The man who has God for his treasure has all things in one."
Is God your greatest treasure?
I am a mom to three amazing teenagers. As much as I love them, God is first for me. He is my greatest treasure.
How can I say that? Because I can.
It has taken time. Years to be honest, but it's the full on truth. I love God first.
When we put God first in our lives, and see Him as a real treasure, our lives shift.
Suddenly we aren't seeing life in the same way.
I still have problems and issues. But I have God in the right place in my heart and that makes all the difference.
Jesus came here as a baby to grow up and experience life, and then to give His life for us.
That's the greatest treasure of them all!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment