Sunday, November 13, 2016

Feeling Hopeless?

"Return  to your fortress, you prisoners of HOPE; even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you." Zechariah 9:12
I have seen post after post on Facebook these last several days since the election of people who seem to have lost hope.
They feel like the USA is going to be horrible with Trump as President. 
Photo Credit: Gary Fulkerson
Honestly, I have no idea what it's going to be like. But my hope is not in Donald J. Trump. My hope is in the Lord.
My faith is in the Lord, too. I am not looking to any human being to save me or make my life better. God already does that for me. 
Christine Caine has 10 things in her devotional page today from Living Life Undaunted.
I felt led to share them with you. I believe you can restore your hope if you will take a moment to do so.
How to remain hopeful:
  1. Stay focused on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2)
  2. Draw near to Jesus (Hebrews 10:22)
  3. Hold fast to the confession of our hope. (Hebrews 10:23)
  4. Stay confident in Christ. (Hebrews 10:35)
  5. Pray (James 5:16)
  6. Listen to the right voices. (Romans 10:17)
  7. Remember God's faithfulness thus far. (Joshua 4:7)
  8. Remain steadfast. (1 Corinthians 15:58)
  9. Remain generous. (Proverbs 11:24-25)
  10. Be thankful. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
The reason people lose hope is because they take their focus off of God.
It happens daily. 
I highly recommend that you walk through these 10 Scriptures. Read them, write them down if you have to. Realize that you do still have hope. It's not hopeless at all!
God is with us. No matter who our President is.
I read this today too from Oswald Chambers:
"We must continually focus and firmly place our faith in Jesus Christ. Our faith must be in the One from whom our salvation springs. We can never experience Jesus Christ or selfishly bind Him in the confines of our own hearts. Our faith must be built on strong, determined confidence in Him."
That's what happens, isn't it? We lose focus and confidence in who Jesus is and look to ourselves or the world for it.
God is always with us, regardless of what we are going through in our lives.
I feel like someone is thinking, "If He's here, then why am I going through such a terrible thing?"
Can I be honest with you? I'm not sure. BUT God does not cause the bad things to happen to us. God loves us unconditionally, steadfastly with an everlasting love. He doesn't want us to have hard times, but we do.
Sometimes we go through things to grow our faith, other times, it's just life. Life can suck sometimes.
My hope is in the Lord. That's why I don't let go of my faith or hope when life is hard. He gets me through it.
Will you hold on to your hope today? If you need prayer, contact me. I would love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment