Thursday, October 13, 2016

Throw It Down!

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
We talk about forgiving others ALL the time. We know there are Scriptures where God tells us that we must forgive others, after all, He has forgiven us. I mean, if we are forgiven, who do we think we are to with-hold forgiveness from someone else.
But what if that "someone else" is you?
Last night at Bible study, God spoke directly to me through who I call my "Spiritual dad", Mr. Ernest. He told me to throw down the suitcase of junk I'm carrying around, because God has given me an empty suitcase, but I'm too busy carrying around the junk.
One of the first things he said was, "Did you know it's a sin to not forgive yourself?" I looked at my best friend and out loud I said, "Ouch." 
This was from an issue that is years old. It is also something I thought I had dealt with.
BUT GOD.
God knows our hearts, my friends. God sees straight through to it. I honestly thought this issue had been dealt with. I really thought I was moving forward. 
Forgiveness is a releasing of something. Letting go of whatever you are holding on to. I tell you one thing, I do not want to hold on to anything that is not supposed to be in my life.
I want to fully walk in forgiveness and love. Especially if it's myself who I need to forgive!
I feel lighter today. I feel like some weight was lifted off my shoulders. 
During his closing prayer, Mr. Ernest asked God to help me leave that suitcase there, at his house. He said he'd take it out for me. So I did.
I left that suitcase of junk for him to throw out for me. For God to take from me.
You see, the key here is this... I HAD TO LEAVE IT.
This is not something that God would just "take" from me. I needed to throw it down and leave it. Otherwise, the healing wouldn't have been the same.
Have you ever had someone tell you that they've prayed for God to take it from them?
I think they've got to let go of the suitcase handle first.
Are you ready to throw your suitcase down? I hope so!
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment