Monday, September 26, 2016

What The World Needs

Romans 12: 1-2, "Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Our world is in utter chaos. There are people being killed for no reason, riots taking place, wars breaking out and more.
What our world needs is a revival, and it needs to start with Christians.
This Scripture in Romans is telling us that we need to give up ourselves for God's glory. We should be sold out, fully surrendered children of His. We should not look like or act like "the world", meaning non-Christians... BUT, it also means that we should not be judging non-Christians.
Let me explain... we have no reason to judge at all. Much less, judge non-Christians to OUR expectations/ ways of living. That's crazy to think a non-Christian will act Christ like. Especially if that person has never even heard the Gospel.
We need to be a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. We need to get our own junk straight, and then tell others what God has done in our lives. 
There is a revival conference at my work church right now called One Cry. I went last night and really enjoyed it. The speaker, Ryan Loveing, told a lot about his personal life, and how revival beings in the heart of anyone willing to confess their need for God.
Revival is a renewal of ZEAL in the people of God. You can also coin it as "Being on fire for God". I feel like that's how I live. And the reason I do it is because I love God so much. He has always been here for me, at times when hardly anyone else was. 
Loveing said, "When there is something different about your life, it impacts other people."
That's exactly what I want! 
My goal in life is to do whatever God wants me to. I want to work, live, be in relationship with, and do His will. In EVERY area of my life.
I have fully surrendered my heart and life to Him, because He deserves that devotion. He is my heavenly Father who has done great things and turned bad things around for my good. He has provided a way for me to be with Him forever through Jesus death, burial and resurrection. He paid the ultimate price for something He didn't have to.
That is love. 
Pride is the greatest enemy of revival. We try to handle life on own our so much. I know I have. Oh, let me date this guy, just because "I" want to. Let me do this with God's money, because "I" want to. The church is too proud in 2016. We've got to stop this.
We need to big change in our world. We need to live and love like Jesus did, and shine our light BEFORE men, not AT them. They need to know The Way, The Truth, and The Life. 
I'm ready for revival. How about you?
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment