Monday, September 5, 2016

Being A Witness

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witness Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” ~ Jesus, in Acts 1:8
Just before Jesus ascended to heaven on a cloud, after He had died, was resurrected and walked the earth for 40 days, He said the above sentence to the disciples.
My Christine Caine devotional says, "I hope you noticed that Jesus did not say He would give us the power to DO the witnessing but rather to BE witnesses. This is because the power that we need to effectively witness to others essentially flows from being an authentic witness ourselves. We must BE before we DO."

I was thinking about this so much the other day. There are some denominations that go door to door and try to give you their booklets. The reason they do that is because they believe they have to in order to go to heaven.
Jesus did not say in this Scripture that you have to DO witnessing to get to heaven. No where in Scripture is that even mentioned. If we had to witness to get to heaven, what about the thief on the cross next to Jesus? He didn't have time to witness, and yet he was told, "Today you will be with Me in paradise."
Witnessing, like what Christine Caine said is about living an authentic lifestyle. Which is exactly what I do. Honestly is a really big deal to me. I practice it, and live that way. As my best guy friend says, "We are working the honestly program here." 
If I were to write like I live this perfect, trouble free life, that would be a lie. I do not lie, and even more so, I do not like being lied to.
I do my very best to BE a witness for Jesus by telling people what He's done for me. 
Caine also said, "More than any words, program, or doctrine, our lives become a platform for which to proclaim the love of God to others."
That's what witnessing is all about. Telling people what God has done for you. YOUR STORY.
Then, telling them how much He loves them and will do the same for them. There is no special formula. There aren't specific, certain words that you need to say. It's simply living out your life, telling others how God has moved and worked in yours.
Can I tell you this? At this very moment in my life, I have grown and fully allowed God into every area of my heart. He has me fully. I want to do nothing more than His will and please Him. 
Once again, is my life perfect? HECK NO! (How could it be raising three teenagers? LOL) 
BUT GOD... don't you love the "but God's" in life? He is always here and He helps me through it. He wants to do the same for you. Are you letting others see Him in you? Why or why not?
If you need prayer to live boldly for Him, I will be glad to pray for you about that. Just ask.
God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment