Friday, August 12, 2016

What Do You Have?

"How much bread do you have?" He asked. "Go and find out." They came back and reported, "We have five loaves of bread and two fish." Mark 6:38 NLT
This Scripture is the beginning of a huge miracle that Jesus did. Jesus took those five loaves of bread and two fish and multiplied it!  "A total of 5,000 men and their families were fed from those loaves!" Mark 6:44
So, my question to you today is this... what do you have?
One day this week, my Christine Caine devotional spoke on this. Then, I watched Steven Furtick's message from Elevation Church this past Sunday titled, "Fix your focus". 
God has been using these things to speak to me. Maybe it's time for all of us to fix our focus and change our hearts on a few things.
Instead of thinking about what we DON'T have, we need to think about what we DO have!
You see, when you are focused on the wrong thing, then you are missing out on the miracles.
At first, in this miracle of Jesus feeding these people, the disciples were like, "Send them home. We can't possibly feed them all."
Not Jesus! He said, "What do you have?" They were looking at what they didn't have... which was enough food for so many. 
[Tweet "God is in the multiplication business!"]
Caine said, "Miracles always begin with recognition of what we DO have. We must stop listing all of the things we do not have as if God is not aware of our limitations. Jesus does not multiply what we do not recognize."
I am guilty of this! I have had weeks where I looked at the bank account and didn't know how I was going to buy groceries. I've discounted my Heavenly Father who is my Provider by looking at what I didn't have, instead of what I had!
Our pantry and freezer is not empty. We can make meals, even if they are odd ones. LOL Looking at what we HAVE makes all the difference in the world.
Do you need to refocus? Do you need to stop saying what you don't have, and start appreciating what you do? I hope you will.
If you need prayer for anything, please contact me. I'm here and I love praying for people.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment