Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Your Vote Counts

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2: 1-4 NIV
I am not a very political person. There are other things that interest me much more. Like art and music. Political issues have just never been "my thing".
But this year, and this election means a lot because we have had so much bad go on in our country.
I just wanted to remind you to pray for our government, and pray about your vote. Your vote really does count.
My work church is a voting place. I find that very funny. There was a county vote yesterday on a probate judge run off. I couldn't help but stop and take a picture of these signs because it hit home with me.

Jesus Still Matters is the message series Pastor Butch has been teaching on for some time now. My work had yard signs made so people could show their neighbors that they think Jesus still matters in 2016. (Because He does.)
This is especially true with your voting. 
I say take time to pray and ask God who He wants you to vote for. Let Him lead and guide you. The Scripture I posted above tells us to pray for those in authority over us. I believe we should be doing that on a daily basis and praying for our country to turn back to God.
Ultimately, He is still on the throne and in charge. No matter who gets in office, He will still be God. 
It's our right as US citizens to vote and help determine who we want running our country. I just think we should do that based on what God would have us do.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment