Saturday, July 2, 2016

Your Mind Matters

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." Romans 9: 5-6
This is the second time this week that this Scripture has come up for me. It and the armor of God one. So, I'm pretty sure God is trying to tell me something.
Yesterday, I did something I really hate doing. I tried on new clothes. I love new clothes, but I hate trying stuff on because it makes me feel bad. I look in those mirrors with the lighting and  just dislike this flesh I'm in.
I said something to my daughter and her response was, "It's in your mind, Mom. That's why anorexic people can be skin and bones but still think they are fat. It's their minds." She's pretty smart for a 14 year old. LOL
I know that I have lost over 8 inches throughout parts of my body, but yet, I still think I look like the old me. Why? Because it's my mind holding me back.
People do this all the time. For me, I need to stop looking at the flesh and remember where my true value comes from. God says I'm His masterpiece created for good works. He says I"m fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Also, it's our responsibility to take care of this flesh and our minds. My Christine Caine devotional today was awesome. 
She said, "Christians cannot afford to live compartmentalized lives. We have ONE life - and that is the life we have in Christ. That is why it is so important to care for our bodies, souls AND spirits, and take a holistic approach to training and discipline that will help us win our race. If we neglect one area, we compromise our race fitness; but if we take a "whole person" approach and realize that all aspects of our lives are interconnected, we begin to run the race of life in a way that is pleasing to God."
God cares about our bodies, our souls, and our relationship with Him. (AKA our Spirit)
Our minds are the battlefield! That's where the enemy likes to whisper lies in our ears and fill our heads with junk. 
Knowing our true value, caring for ourselves and fighting off things that aren't of God is a way to stay on course. One other thing that helps is keeping your mind on the right stuff.
In Philippians, Paul told them in chapter 4 verse 8, "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." 
Colossians Chapter 3 also gives us good advice on how to live.. and it includes our mind. We are told to think on things of heaven, not of earth. 
I am the world's worst at getting lost in my thoughts, especially the negative ones. Join me today in clearing out your mind, and letting God take over. Will you?
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment