Sunday, July 10, 2016

Our God Reigns Here

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

What a week we've had in the good ole' U S of A! Wow! I have never seen so much death and destruction in such a short period of time.
I feel like God wanted me to write today to remind us all of a few things. 
1. God still reigns here.
2. God does not want us living in hatred, anger, and divided by race.
3. If we don't pull together as a nation, we are going to be in serious trouble.
I know things are bad right now, but I do not believe that God has not caused any of this. Evil has caused what's happening and it's heart breaking.
God wants us to get along and love each other. We need to be praying for the people in this nation, in the world even. I read a quote this morning that blew me away!
"Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and depend upon it, you WILL be shown what to do next." ~ Elizabeth Elliot (1926-2015)
God has called us to love. We aren't doing that. So, like Elizabeth Elliot said, why pray if we aren't obeying what God has called us to expecting that our future will be better? 
This is a spiritual war, my friends. Good verses evil. We've got to put on our armor of God and fight with the Word of God. We need to be on our knees praying for everyone.
If not, if things continue, we will lose every right we have as American citizens. All it will take is two words from the President, and our lives will never be the same. The USA we know will change forever.
I'm begging you to stop posting stuff on social media that is hate filled. Stop slandering people. I know what's happening is bad and wrong, but let's start praying. Let's seek God for our country and ask Him to help us get back to the way we were.
Christian singer John Waller was at my work church last Sunday. My best friend bought his two CD's and I have had them on repeat all week. This one song is ringing so true for our times right now, I wanted to share it with you:
This song starts off saying, "Spirit of death, you have no place here, I command you to leave, in Jesus name. Spirit of fear, you have no place here, I command you to leave in Jesus name."
We need to be saying this! We are in a battle over death and fear. 
Will you join me in praying for our nation and the people in it? We need a revival. We need a renewal and to turn back to God.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment