Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Do you need healing?

Psalm 147: 3, "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds."
I read this Scripture today in my Psalms reading I am doing with Barbara. I've read it before. There are actually other Bible verses about God healing emotional things, but I like this one the best.
You see, God cares about every part of our lives. He wants to be our everything, and He especially doesn't like seeing His children hurting.
My Pastor started a new message series on Sunday he calls "Graceology". God revealed to him that we only see a little piece of His grace, and that there is so much more to it.
God doesn't punish us. His wrath and everything He has against sin was poured out on Jesus on the cross. God wants to love us and grow us closer to Him.
I lost twins in 1996. I used to think that God MADE me lose them to bring me back to Him.
Now you tell me, what loving Father would do that? "Here honey, let me break your heart so you will turn to me."
NOPE!
What God did, was take that terrible time in my life, step in, give me peace, and heal my broken heart.
My Pastor said, "God is not an abusive parent." What parent watches their child fall down then lectures them on how they should be more careful? We pick up our children when they are hurt. God does that for us too.
Broken hearts can happen any number of ways...but the one that is ringing in my heart today is the loss of a loved one. Especially after what happened in Orlando this past weekend. There are thousands of people affected by the deaths of those victims. Their hearts are broken, and now it's world news. They can't even really grieve on their own because their loved ones pictures, last text messages, last videos, etc are plastered all over social media.
I'm here to tell everyone, God wants to heal your broken heart. He loves you. You are His child, and He does not like seeing you hurt.
Will you give your heart to Him and let Him heal you? I am thankful that I have.
I do not think I would be the person I am today without His help. The trails and struggles I've gone through with losing babies, low self esteem, and a husband leaving, just to name a few, have caused me pain and hurt my heart. BUT GOD.
But God is always there, to bandage my little heart, pick me up, and remind me of His love for me.
He will do the same for you. If you let Him. You see, God doesn't want to force Himself on anyone. He is there, just waiting for you to cry out to Him. Will you today? I hope so.
If you need prayer, please get in touch with me. I'd love to pray for you.
God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment