Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Life Is Like a Bike Ride

Proverbs 3: 5-6 ESV, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths."

I injured my right foot because I started exercising more and a tendon got swollen. I have been fighting with it for weeks now. It is very frustrating for me. Yesterday, I decided it was best to not attend Zumba or the toning class after it. I totally HATE missing classes!
My son & his best friend's bikes.


My sons both have bikes. My oldest has been riding for a while. He has a special bike he bought from our cousin's bike shop. He suggested we go for a ride, and I decided that was a great idea.

I can't remember the last time I rode a bike. It's been a few years. I used to have one of my own. I knew my body wouldn't be used to it, but I was really surprised by a few things.

As I was riding, God brought the Scripture listed above to my mind.. and I started paying attention to the ride.

You see, God promises to make our path straight if we lean on Him, trust Him with all of our heart, and acknowledge Him. But He never said there wouldn't be hills.

My neighborhood is fairly flat. I mean, we live in South Georgia, not the north Georgia mountains or anything. However, we have a few little hills.

I noticed when a small hill started that I couldn't really see, how much harder it was to peddle and breathe. Some of those, I honestly didn't see coming.

The larger hills, those, I looked forward to riding down, but the journey up was rough. I could see those, but I wasn't really prepared for work the up hill ride would be.

Life is just like this, isn't it? 

We don't see the small hills, but suddenly life gets hard to handle. Things aren't working out right and we get tired. That's the time we need to turn to God. God is our Jehovah Shalom, the Lord our Peace. When things are bad, hard, difficult, turn to Him for peace.

There are other times that we see a huge hill coming in our lives. Say an illness has struck us or someone we love. It's not something we can avoid. We need to turn to God as our Jehovah Rapha, the Lord our Healer. 

Coasting downhill, that's the fun part of life! That's when things are going well and nothing is really causing us any problems. That's when you can thank God for being our Jehovah Raah, the Lord our Shepherd. He's guiding us, even during the good times.

It's my prayer that you will see God in your every day life. I hope that He will speak to you and reveal Himself to you. Life has it's many ups and downs, but with God on my side, I know I can make it through anything. You know what? So can you!

I'm here to pray if you need me to!

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment