Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Faith Defined

Hebrews 11:1 NLT, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen, it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

Why do some people struggle with having faith in God but they find it so easy to put faith in other things and people?

I guess for me, I have a child like faith, the kind the Bible describes. The only reason I do is probably because I know all that God  has done for me. So, it's easy for me to have faith in Him.

Do I have everything I ever wanted? NOPE!

Is my life perfect? NOPE!

You know what I do have? Everything I need!

YEP! You see, God meets our needs, but only sometimes gives us our wants. There is a Scripture that I turned into a prayer for my children and I from Proverbs 30:8, "Father God, please help me, Blake, Andrew and Julie to never lie. Give us neither poverty nor riches! Give us just enough to satisfy our needs. In Jesus name, amen."

God answers our prayers differently, according to His will for the request. I believe praying for just what I need is showing God that my faith is in Him as my Provider. (My Jehovah Jireh)

In the Kendrick brothers' book, The Battle Plan for Prayer, number 2 of the Keys of Prayer chapter is Praying In Faith. They wrote:
"People who don't think they'll get what they pray for will likely not get what they pray for. But it's not supposed to be this way.. God is pleased with faith. Jesus praised those who asked in faith. To fully trust Him and His Word appeals to the heart of God. Jesus said, "I say to You, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted to you." (Mark 11:24). Certainly, we know that prayer is not a magic genie lamp. But because it's based on a loving relationship- the more God's Spirit communicates His will to us - we can more clearly come to know what He's wanting to give us. So we can pray with full belief that He can and will bring it to pass. That's praying in faith. And that's praying with effectiveness."

Faith is important... because we can't see God or Jesus. However, it's funny to me that we will trust a total stranger. Even in today's mixed up crazy world.

There are times in traffic when you know you've trusted someone to tell you to go. Maybe your view is blocked, but they can see and they waved you on... and you went.

Why do we so easily trust a stranger, but can't have faith that there is a God who loves us and has a plan for our lives?

Exercise your faith today. Pray and talk to God. Be open and honest with Him. He can handle it. Let Him speak to you through His Word. Start off with Proverbs, and read one chapter a day. You'll be glad you did.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment