Wednesday, February 10, 2016

What Love Is NOT!

1 Corinthians 13: 13, "Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love."

1 Corinthians 13 is often called "The LOVE Chapter" of the Bible. It is used at tons of weddings, to remind the couple of their commitment to each other and their love.

If you remember from yesterday, and posts in the past, I have shown you the Scripture that says, "God is love."

So, these verses aren't just about human love, and loving one another. They are also about God.

Here are the things love is NOT:

1. Jealous, boastful, proud or rude.

2. Irritable

3. Love does not keep a record of wrongs.

4. It does not rejoice about injustice.

Now, to be fair, let's list what love is:

1. Patient and kind.

2. Rejoices whenever the truth comes out.

3. Never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures EVERY circumstance.

4. Love will last forever!

Now, let me put this into my life for a moment.

I was married for 19 years, and he left... stating that he didn't love me anymore. How can that be? The last part says love will last forever.

Can I just tell you this? Human love, and a love that comes from God are so different. 

Now, I currently can't tell you about human love between a man and woman where God is at the center.  I have yet to experience this. (However, that's exactly what I am praying for.)

I can tell you this. Without God's love, I wouldn't be here right now. God's love is perfect. He loves us unconditionally and without holding back.

The things that life has thrown at me have been hard, to put it mildly. 

The one thing I can cling to, is God's love. I know without a doubt, that His love is perfect for me and it will last forever.

Do you trust in God's love? Why or why not? 

His love has never failed me. It's my prayer that you will experience it too.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment