Monday, February 8, 2016

Let's Talk About Love

This is my calendar that Barbara & Reggie gave me for Christmas.




Ok, let's just hit this week head on, why don't we? Valentine's Day is this Sunday, and if you are single, like me, you are not looking forward to it. I realize it's a man made holiday thing...and it's used to get people to spend money. I'm sure that true love is expressed every day. But it is nice to have something nice or different happen on a "special day". I choose to not dwell on this. Instead, let's talk about love in a new way.

John chapter 15 has the Scriptures we often hear about where Jesus is describing Himself as being the vine. In verse 9, He says, "I have loved you even as the Father has loved Me. Remain in My love."
Verse 16 says, "You didn't choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is My command: Love each other."

Let's change our thought patterns on love.

God chose us!

Jesus loves us like God loves Him. We know how much that is, right? Or have you even really considered it?

I tend to let my mind get bogged down this time of year. I allow our enemy to whisper lies in my ear and I just sit and stew over them.

NOT ANYMORE!

I am only hurting myself. I choose to focus on God's love me. I choose to realize how deep,wide and great that love truly is! 

Even if you are married and it's a great marriage, this still needs to be in your heart. You need God first. Period. Before your spouse. (If you are married.)

Our order should be God, spouse, children, everything else, ourselves.

God should be and deserves to be first in our lives. He has given us life after all. He loves with a stead fast love. It's unconditional. 

Nothing we can do will make God love us any less.

On that same note, nothing we can do will make God love us any more either.

When or if you ever feel unloved or unloveable, please remember this post. Know that you ARE loved, so very very much.

God CHOSE you! Yes, you. With your faults, flaws, hang ups, sins, mistakes, so on and so forth... He chose you and He has a purpose and plan for you.

Let Him love you. Allow Him to speak to your heart, to fully love you and be with you.

You won't regret it.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment