Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Answered Prayer

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you." ~ Jesus, Matthew 7:7

My friend Heather is my host home for small group. She just happens to be neighbors with one of the Kendrick brothers and his parents. I met their mom the Sunday before last because she gave us books for our small group. Heather was out of town, so I went over to get them.

This past Sunday was our first meeting to discuss the book. About 30 minutes in, a car pulled up. It was Stephen Kendrick. Heather asked if he might stop by, but we didn't know it was going to be that day. It was a great surprise!

He went through the book's table of contents to explain how they wrote it, and why. He told us stories and quoted us Scripture, and prayed for us. It was awesome!

There is one story that he told us that I want to share, because I think it is a great way to live out loud to other people.

Stephen was asked to speak at a conference of newspaper reporters who wrote for the "Christian sections" of the papers. Before he got there, he was told that honestly, most of these reporters were not Christians. In fact, some were atheist. He wasn't sure how to speak to them and didn't want to get into a debate over Christianity with them. So he prayed. He asked God to tell him what to say.

God spoke to his heart, "Tell them about answered prayer and how I've worked in your life."

Stephen said no one can argue with that. After he spoke, a man came up to him and said, "I have to have what you have." He could see God in Stephen's life and he wanted salvation!


It's kinda like when you have conflict, and you tell someone, "When you said that to me, it made me feel _________." It's not attacking the person, but it's you describing how what they said made you feel.

When you share your answered prayers and how God is working and moving in your life... who can disagree with you?

This is a great way to show people who God is. Quoting Scripture is cool, but a nonbeliever isn't interested in what the Bible says. They want to see proof in our lives.

As I was praying through my prayer cards this morning, I was reminded of several answered prayers of mine for other people.

One of my friends got a full time job.

One found a church home.

Another is mending her relationship with her mom.

Yet another has found a home to move to.

My best friend's Zumba business keeps getting blessed.

(These are just a few.)

I absolutely LOVE watching God work in other people's lives!

Those are the stories you tell. That's how people will see God in a real way. 


Keep praying! Keep seeking! Keep knocking! He hears us. Then be still and listen. We are just waiting on His perfect will and His perfect timing.

God has a plan and purpose for each of us. Don't give up!

If you need prayer, please contact me. I will add you to my prayer cards as well. I am honored to pray for you.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment