Tuesday, January 5, 2016

What Is Your Life Built On?

2 Timothy 2:19, "Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription; "The Lord knows those who are His," and "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

In my Christine Caine devotional today, she talked about how just recently, her mom confessed that she and her brother were adopted. She said that should have shaken her to her core, since what she believed to be her life all this time was a lie.

However, her foundation, her life isn't built on the human things of this world. God is her solid firm foundation, so it didn't shake her up as much as it could have.

Her question at the end of today was: "Do you know that you know that you know that God loves you? How easily can your foundations crumble?"

Three times in my own life, I've had what I felt like my foundation was shaken.

First was in 1996 when I lost twins at almost 15 weeks pregnant. I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the looney floor at the hospital to get over it. God wasn't having that. He stepped in and gave me a peace that I'd never felt before. He took over and I RAN to Him.

Second was in August of 2012 when my then husband of almost 19 years said he didn't love me anymore and I was too Godly. I had no idea he felt that way. We tried counseling, but it didn't help.

Third, when he left in March of 2013, I had dealt with a lot of emotions, so I just had to handle he's actual leaving and figure out what to do from there. But it turned my world upside down. I was a stay at home, homeschooling mom to our three children. Going back to work changed many things for us.

HOWEVER... my foundation was never shaken away, or to the core. I know that I know that I know that God loves me. He has seen me through all of these tough times, and a few others that weren't so earth shattering.

Whatever you are going through, God is right there with you. He loves you so much and He isn't trying to hurt you. His plan for you is good, and it's not to harm you. It's to give you a future and hope.

Stand firm on His love and the foundation of it. He will never leave or forsake you, either. I feel that promise and truth in my own life. While humans have come and gone, God never will. 

If you need prayer, please ask. I'd be honored to pray for you.

God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment