Thursday, January 7, 2016

Prayer = Being Molded

Psalm 37:4, "Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you the desires of your heart."

A few days ago, I wrote about the desires of our hearts, and how God feels about that. Last night at church, Mrs. Laurel started a series on prayer. This was her opening Scripture. She focused on the word "delight".

What happens when you "delight" in a person? 

You want to spend time with them. You anticipate seeing them when you are away from each other. You enjoy their company. You love them.

If we are praying, just to say we filled in our time with God that day, we are doing it wrong.

God wants us to delight in Him. He wants us to spend time with Him.

Mrs. Laurel said that delight in Hebrew means "Molded". 


Let the LORD mold you and He will give you the desires of your heart. Hmm... that sounds different, doesn't it?

Clay has to be worked, have water added to it, to be kneaded, and molded into the item you want it in so that it will stay that shape.

Our prayer life does that for us.

Spending time with God changes us. This reminds me of a friend of mine who's name is Clay...and his podcast. It's called "Remodeling Clay". It's a play on words, but it's also honestly about him changing and being remodeled. I wanted to share his podcast links with you in hopes that something he says might resonate with your heart.

He just posted his 100 episode the other day: Remodeling Clay 100 episode

You can find him on itunes as well: Remodeling Clay on itunes

Our prayer time, is a time for us to commune with God. It's a time to let Him remodel us, if you will. We can take His Word, and pray it back to Him, talking to Him about it. Mrs. Laurel said, "Make yourself moldable in God's hands. That means you enter into prayer not telling God what you want Him to do, but it's you letting Him conform you into the person He created you to be."

And all this time, we just thought prayer was giving God our list of things or people and waiting for Him to answer or not answer.

If we really want to become who He wants us to become, we must let Him mold and shape us. Our prayer life is how we do it. 

I have a post from some time ago about praying Scripture. That might look different for each of us. There is no formula, or right or wrong, just whatever works for you. I have specific Scripture I've written down in prayer form that I pray. 

For example, one for my children: "Father God, please help me discipline Blake, Andrew, and Julie because it will produce wisdom. Let me have peace of mind and a glad heart because of it too. I do not want to be disgraced by an undisciplined child. In Jesus name, amen." That's from Proverbs 29:15-17

Do you see the potential in praying what God has promised or written in His Word already? I think it's amazing! When you don't know what to pray or maybe even how, take a Scripture and turn it into a prayer.

I am really learning and growing in my prayer life. I just want to share it in hopes that it will help you grow too. God is so good. I want you to see His goodness through my life. I hope I do that.

Please let me know if you need prayer. I am honored to pray for anyone, any time. Get in touch with me.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment