Tuesday, January 12, 2016

God Upgrade



Galatians 6:10, "Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."

Have you seen this picture floating around the internet? I know I have on Facebook for sure. I do think is a good representation of how God tries to bless us. He wants us to trust Him with the things we love, ourselves being the largest, and let Him give us something better. It's an exchange, but we've got to be willing.

God uses people to bless us all the time. Sometimes, we don't even realize it. Others, can not be ignored or denied. I had such a blessing recently and wanted to share it with you.

A few weeks ago in one of my Facebook groups, someone posted a picture of his coffee from his Keurig coffee maker. It was yucky and not working right. Back in 2012, I was gifted a Mr.Coffee machine that took K-cups. I've never been a name brand person, so it was good to me.

However, in 2013, I was gifted a Keurig mini for my birthday. I was so excited. I gave the Mr. Coffee away and have been using my Keurig since. It's been two years. My little mini was starting to give up on me.(It's my fault. I used tab water when I shouldn't have, but I didn't realize it at the time.)

Anyway, back to the picture of the guys coffee. I commented that my little mini was giving me trouble too, so I understood his frustration. My friend Jessica said, "Jill, I have one that was only used once, if you pay shipping, I will send it to you."

I thought, "DEAL!" I mean, how generous and awesome is that of her? She never told me any details, other than it had been sitting out and barely used. She went to the Post Office last Thursday or Friday and shipped it to me. Then, she wouldn't allow me to pay her back for the shipping!

It came in the mail yesterday.... it wasn't a mini! It is an Elite. It's the really nice Keurig that holds more water and makes three cup sizes.


I was floored!

I know you probably think I'm crazy. But hear me out. God likes to bless us and upgrade what we have. 

God loves us so much and He enjoys doing cool things for us. It's not because I've been doing everything right or He just decided to be nice to me for some reason. He's my Father and He loves blessing me, just like He loves blessing you.

Can I tell you what I think?? Are you ready for this??

We miss the blessings because we don't give Him the credit.

Yes, that's what I said. We miss things because we write them off to coincidence or luck.

No, my friend. It was a BLESSING from your Heavenly Father.

Think back to last week and see if you missed something that really was a blessing. Let's start living like this. Let's watch God move and work and give Him the credit He deserves.

God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment