Saturday, January 9, 2016

A Word for 2016

"Where there is no vision, the people perish." ~ Proverbs 29:1 KJV



I first learned about a word for the year in my Facebook groups. Last year, my word was "Thankful". It fit so perfectly.

Last year was a great year. There were some ups and downs, but my relationship with God grew. My prayer life changed. God provided in crazy ways for us. Everything made me thankful. 

This year, I have struggled a little with my word. As this Scripture above says, without vision, things can get off track.

Having a word for the year can help you stay focused. It can give you a guideline for your year and show you how to get through things.

One of my best friends' word for the year is Vision. She is going to make a vision board. Something to help her stay focused on the different areas of her life that she wants to make specific changes to.

One of my other best friends' feels like her word is family. Family can help her think about her relationships with her family more and be intentional in them.

I was thinking that my word was blessed. However, since I released my book, I am starting to think it needs to be HUMILITY. (Sorry, Matt Ham, I don't mean to steal your word.) I am going to continue praying, but it feels right.

If I am not careful, pride will sneak in. I cannot allow that. I just told my best friend this morning, "I did not write that book. God did. And I only put it together because He told me to."

Those are His words. From my heart to the keyboard. I type what He inspires me to. It's not me. 

I don't know what God has planned for my writings. I have dreams. I would love to be a New York Times Best Selling Author with books in many languages all over the world ministering to people.

However, without humility, I will fail.

It's not about me. Well, it's about me using my gifts and talents for God. But it's not about JILL doing anything other than that.

Have you ever had a word for the year? If not, why not try it? Pray and ask God what He would have you focus on. What word can you carry with you all year long and grow through?

God bless you today and always!

No comments:

Post a Comment