Sunday, November 1, 2015

How To Get Out Of A Fog

We have had some foggy mornings in South Georgia recently. In some places, it's thick, other's not as thick. Fog can be frightening. 

It's especially scary in the dark.

In life, we all go through seasons of fog and/ or darkness. It's a part of life.

These times are NOT something God has done to us. Please know that. God doesn't cause bad things to happen to us. We live in a fallen world, with an enemy and sometimes it's just life stuff.

The other morning, I felt God's presence so much in the fog.. well, not so much the fog, but when the sun started coming through. I have to share the pictures with you so you can see what I experienced.

First, here is one of the road and fog... this journey of life, life's road, can be foggy at times.

When I first saw the sun this morning, it was orange and behind me.. I knew something amazing was going to happen!

God spoke to my heart and told me that some days will be foggy. It happens, but  He's always there. He's behind the fog, shining His SON for us to see.
Let me show you what else I captured:


Being a Christ follower doesn't give a "get out of trouble free" card. If anything, once you fully give your life to God, you become a bigger target for our enemy. I want you to know this, God is your Strong Tower, Redeemer, Father, and Friend. (Just to name a few.)

He loves you unconditionally no matter what. He wants to be there for you and help you through the foggy dark times. His SON, His LIGHT shines bright for us all. He will never leave us, He will never turn His back on us, and He will never let you go.

When you get in a fog, I'd like to make a few suggestions:
1. Remember this won't last forever. 
2. God is still there.
3. God didn't cause it.
4. Get out your Scriptures.

I know what helps me is to pray Scriptures and remember Scriptures when I get in a foggy or dark place. Here are a few that come to mind: 

Ephesians 6:11, "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Psalm 23: 1-3, "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name sake."

I seriously hope this helps someone. Check out my last picture... the blue sky is coming in and the sun is pushing back the fog. That's how God does it too. He will push back the fog for you.


God bless you today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment