Sunday, October 25, 2015

True Love

In all of my 41 years of living, I don't believe I have ever seen a relationship like Barbara and Reggie's. I met them while doing Zumba in 2013/ 2014. They were just friends to begin with. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how Barbara and I started getting closer, but we did. Then, their wedding plans needed to be done. I remember her posting on Facebook that she didn't know what she was doing.

Being the wedding planner, flower arranger, and wedding director that I am (on the side for years and years), I offered my help.

So, my Friday night "date nights" for awhile, were with Barbara and Reggie wedding shopping.

I have never seen two people more in love. They both feel it. It's not one sided, or one more than the other.

Their love is also centered around God and how He wants marriage to be. They pray together, they read the Bible together, attend church together, and read devotional books. It's awesome! (It's exactly what I want in a relationship.)

Barbara and Reggie are also great friends. They tell me the truth in a second. Reggie helps me with my Zumba moves so I can benefit more from them, and Barbara helps me with my food and water in take. They also give me great advice when I ask for it on other life topics.

Today, one year ago, they became husband and wife. It was the best day of their lives. You can see the love. Their vows were personal and filled with great promises as well as truths about what they've done for each other. 
These are genuine sincerely happy smiles doing their first dance.


I am honored to call them some of my best friends. We laugh together, cry together, sweat together, and pray together. They encourage me, inspire me, and help me be a better me. 

That's what friendship is all about. Proverbs 17:17 says, "A friend loves at all times."

That's exactly what I have in them. They love me no matter what. Just like I love them.

Happy first anniversary to the best sweetest couple I know! I love you both!
Barbara, Reggie and me. It's an honor being friends with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment