Thursday, September 24, 2015

You Are God's Masterpiece!

Man, last night at church, Mrs. Laurel was really speaking to my heart. We are in the book of Ephesians, Chapter 2. I want to quickly share a few verses with you: Please read verses 1-7.

Verse 8-10 says, "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. 10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."

Mrs. Laurel said one way to read saved is rescued. We are rescued by God's grace. 

Back in verse 4, you read "But God"... it's so important, because while we are thinking negative about ourselves, God is rich in mercy, has great love, has amazing grace, and made us alive with new life. 

When God looks at us, He sees Jesus if we are Christ followers. Verse 10 is my favorite:

We are God's masterpiece, created for good things He planned long ago!

Mrs. Laurel said "We tend to think we are a paint by number painting that someone left out in the garage." That's so true.

WHY do we do that to ourselves?

Maybe it's because we let how other people treat us develop our identity. If you were abused or mistreated as a child, maybe you think you are worthless. Just a little paint by number painting that anyone can do.

If you were mistreated or abused, I just want to say how sorry I am that something horrible happened to you. And please know that God did not make that happen to you.

I want you know the truth.. that YOU, yes YOU are God's masterpiece! 

If you've known me for long, you know that my favorite painter is Vincent Van Gogh. I love swirls, and his paintings are so beautiful to me. He didn't even know he was creating masterpieces, but he was.

God created you. And you, my friend are His masterpiece created for good things. No two masterpieces are alike. Van Gogh might have a few paintings that look similar, but they are never exactly the same, just like us.

Once again, having already known what I wanted to write about this morning, when I opened my Jesus Calling devotional, God was right on target:

This one part says, "Each of My children is a unique blend of temperament, giftedness, and life experiences."

No two of us are alike. 

Mr. Earnest at church said it best last night, "We need to get out of our heads and get into our hearts."

We over think everything! We don't give God credit when we should, and for whatever reason we struggle to believe His truths about ourselves. Let's stop that.

You are God's masterpiece, created for good things. Believe it. Trust it. Live it.
God bless you, today and always.
Starry Night is my favorite Van Gogh painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment