Saturday, August 8, 2015

How Thankful Are You?


At the beginning of each year, my "internet friends" and I pick a word for the year.

Thankful is mine.

Little did I know, just how prophetic that was!

I should probably wait until the end of this year or the first of next, but I really feel like I need to do this now.

This blog is like an extension of my heart. I call my children "my heart with legs and arms". That's so totally true. But this blog, it means something to me. It has a supernatural healing power or something. I know without a doubt, that what I write about has been inspired. I know that God has called me to this. He wants me to share things with you so you can experience Him differently.

My Jesus Calling Devotional today blew me out of the water! (I hope you are sitting down.)

"I speak to you from deepest heaven. You hear Me in the depths of your being. Deep calls unto deep. You are blessed to hear Me so directly. Never take this privilege for granted. The best response is a heart overflowing with gratitude. I am training you to cultivate a thankful mind-set. This is like building your house on a firm rock, where life's storms cannot shake you. As you learn these lessons, you are to teach them to others. I will open up the way before you, one step at a time."

WOW! I was like, "Um, Ok, Father. I hear you!" Then, I opened my 40 days of AHA Book and the title for today was "One step at a time."

If that's not God speaking directly to me, I don't know what it is. Good gracious!

Here is the key and what I've learned. NO MATTER WHAT... there is still something to be thankful for!

I would take you way back, but let's start out just this year, since that's the time the thankful has been my word.

1. This blog is being typed on a lap top that was gifted to me by my parents for my birthday last year. (Ok, my birthday is in December, I cheated on this one.) But, I am so thankful to have this.

2. I got more involved in the online groups in January and was blessed by that picture at the top. Someone else made it for me. It was inspirational to see and hear everyone else's word for the year and why they chose it.

3. For single people, the dreaded Valentine's Day looms darkly over our heads. I bought myself a gift!  My first real Converse shoes. I love them.

4. March is my dad and my Pastor's birthdays. (Same day) I am thankful for both of them because they encourage, teach, and help me in many different ways.

5. This past April I had a fish fry with almost all of my best friends. I am so thankful to have friends to do things with.

6. In May, one of my bosses told me he was leaving that church. He was the worship Pastor. I am so thankful that I had almost a year with him. He's younger than me, but I learned a lot from him. His talent, leadership skills, and temperament made a huge impact on my life.

7. My daughter's birthday is June 2nd. She hit a milestone age of 13, the "official" teenage age. I am a mom of three teenagers now. Some days I think "What was I thinking having them so close together?!" I just pray that they will have close relationships the older they get. She is my biggest cheerleader, especially in my self esteem area. I just cut my hair short yesterday. I told her I wasn't sure what it would look like curly, she said, "It's going to be fine, because you are beautiful." I love that about her.

8. Well, July was going good until my son's accident. So, the best thing I can say about that is THANK God it wasn't worse. His injuries could have been worse. He could have needed surgery on his head AND his wrist. God was with him. I am so thankful for that.
Happy birthday Reggie!

9. Today is only August 8th but I have so much to be thankful for. Today is my best friends' husband's birthday, who also happens to be my Zumba instructor. He's a great friend to me too. I love that man, probably more than he realizes. I am thankful for them both!
I am learning and doing new things at my work. I was asked to lead something at my church. I was told yesterday that I am a great leader by one person, and that I have a great personality by another person. Talk about an ego boost for me! LOL I am so thankful for all of it!

What are you thankful for? Can you look back this year and pick out a few things? I mean, it's been a year of ups and downs for me. But when I sit and think about the good stuff, it outweighs the bad. Staying in an attitude of gratitude is a great way to live! 


No comments:

Post a Comment