Monday, August 31, 2015

Are you afraid you aren't in God's will?

My work church is hosting an Infinity Prayer Conference. I have really felt like God was leading me in praying more and differently. I watched the movie War Room Saturday afternoon with my friends. It was really good and has moved me into a different place while praying. 

I believe a lot of people have felt this call to prayer.

I have a lot of great notes from the first night of this conference, but what I really feel led to share with you is about God's will. 

Mark Bearden of Life Action Ministries is who is speaking at this event. He was breaking down the Lord's Prayer last night. He said it's for us to use as a model to pray, not to memorize it. The "Your Will Be done, on earth as it is in heaven" part is what I'm sharing today:

1. God has a divine, heavenly will.
2. Jesus prayed, "Not as I will, but as You will." (Matthew 26:39)
3. To pray this, we must believe that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)
4. God's will is what I would choose if I knew all the facts.

He said, "Imagine I tell my children, "Do this chore, I'm not going to tell you what the chore is and if you don't figure it out I'm going to punish you." That doesn't sound like a loving father, does it?

God doesn't work this way either.

He said, "As believers, we are to align our life with Jesus. People fear missing God's will and wondering out of His will."

Proverbs 3:5&6 tell us, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."

Mark said, "If you take a detour, He will bring you back. It's His job to keep you. We feel like we have to figure out His will in the dark."

He told a story of a girl who heard about that God answers prayer. She went home and prayed for God to make her eyes blue. When she woke up the next morning, she ran to the 
mirror, but her eyes were still brown. She prayed and said, "God, I thought you answered prayer. Why are my eyes still brown?" She felt like He answered her, "Because I said NO."

As an adult, this lady was a missionary who pulled women out of temple slavery. She had to wear the covering like Muslim women do. If she had blue eyes, she would have been spotted right away. God knew His will for her life and His plan, so He said no to her prayer.

"God's will might not make me happy in the moment, but He has a plan to bring me joy."

I think we need to realize one thing. If we are living for God, and we have peace, we are doing what He wants us to. Like Mark said, He will bring us back around if we get off course.

I can't wait to write more about prayer. I am learning a lot and want to share it with you all.

Stop being afraid that you aren't in His will. He is guiding you and helping you. He loves you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment