Friday, July 24, 2015

Preparing for Today's World

I am not really a "news" person. Typically, it is all what I consider "bad"news. Murders, stealing, houses and churches on fire... etc. There is rarely anything good on the news.

Without watching the news, I see a lot of stuff on my friend's Facebook pages. So I still know some of what's going on.

During my AHA Bible study today, Kyle Idleman challenged us to read our Bible if we aren't already doing it. I ebb and flow with my Bible reading. I need to be intentional though and do better. So I am committing to reading 15 minutes a day. (Because Jon Acuff is a genius and suggested it. LOL)

Here is what I feel like God wants me to share with you today:

1. Times are bad right now, and more than likely it's only going to get worse. So, in Ephesians chapter 6, verses 10-18, God, through Paul, tells us about the armor of God. The one verse that is very strong is this: "12: For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." This is WHY we need to put on our armor every day.

2. We need to be content. Even if the world is falling apart. This is not our home anyway. I know we have to live here now, but it's not the end all, be all of our life. Philippians 4: 11-13 Paul tells us to be content like he has learned to. Paul had times of starvation, times of being in prison, times of being chained to guards, being ship wrecked, and being stoned. Hopefully, we've never experienced any of that. The worst part about it was that this all happened to him because he was telling people about Jesus. If Paul could be content, we can too.

3. If we set our mind on things above, and not things of this world, that will help.
 Colossians 3:2 says, "Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things." verse 5 tells us what to put to death in ourselves, and verse 12 tells us what to clothe ourselves in "compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Here in America we have not really had to defend our faith. Until lately. I just want you to be equipped and not worry either. 

God has us. He will always be with us. 

Romans 8:39 says, "Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."


No comments:

Post a Comment